While any divorce settlement presents significant challenges regarding property division or child custody, some marital estates present more of a challenge than others. The Law Offices of Shea & Barron, has close to 40 combined years of legal experience handling all matters related to divorce and family law throughout South Carolina. Due to our commitment, experience and personal service, we often receive referrals from other local attorneys to handle complex divorce cases.
Columbia Division of Marital Assets and Debts Lawyers
From moderate estates to million-dollar marriages, it is important to hire an attorney who is compassionate and sympathetic, but who will also work hard to protect your interests. Our attorneys work directly with clients to achieve results regarding the division of marital property, including:
- Real estate such as principal homes, vacations homes, condos and rental property
- Personal possessions, including cars, boats, electronics, art, jewelry and other luxury items
- Shared financial assets such as bank accounts, savings accounts, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, insurance and other investments
- Retirement funds such as IRAs, 401(k)s, pension plans and others
- Business evaluation
- Division of family-owned businesses or closely held corporations
- Marital debts such as home mortgages, business debt, credit card debt and other loans
Family Law Practice Areas
We work closely with our clients to obtain an accurate picture of their unique situations. In some cases, it is necessary to collaborate with certified public accountants, property appraisers and forensic accountants to ensure all assets are valued properly and distributed fairly.
At our firm, we apply our problem-solving and negotiating training to obtain fair solutions that protect our clients’ rights and pursue their interests. Throughout the entire process, we work collaboratively with them to obtain the best resolution possible.
Contact Our Firm Today
We invite potential clients to meet with our Columbia property division lawyers today and discuss their individual situations and particular needs. Call our office during normal business hours at (803) 779-3099. You may also contact us online. We offer evening and weekend appointments by request only. We accept all major credit cards. Our services are typically billed at an hourly rate.